The basic concept of the CAA ContinousAutoAnalyser is to offer an instrument for real continuous automatic monitoring of a
wide range of parameters in liquid samples. Although related to analytical technics like FIA (Flow injection analysis), CFA
(Continuous flow analysis) or SFA (Segmented flow analysis) it differs from these techniques. These are used to analyse many different samples with a high through put. On the contrary the CAA analyses the same sample (stream) continuously. The advantage are real continuous analytic data offering the possibility to calculate the load of contaminants even if rapid
changes in concentration may occur. For some parameters like Ammonia it´s even possible to obtain almost real time data with delay times as low as 30 seconds (T90 ).
The analytical technics applied in the CAA are
The list of parameters that can be monitored by the CAA is very long! The following list just gives a selection:
- POC/VOC (Purgable/Volatile organic carbon)
- TOC (Total organic Carbon)
- Heavy metals (Ni, Mn, Cu, Fe….)
- Ethylene oxide
The basic instrument consists of a number of pumps, valves and the detection device.
Additional modules are:
- Diffusion modules
- Phase separators
All potentials of the measurement chain are temperature-dependent. Therefore it is necessary take temperature effects into account. A temperature sensor and mathematical temperature compensations are implemented in the instrument.
Depending on the users requirements the following options are available:
- Automatic cell and line cleaning
- Automatic filtration and filter cleaning
- Automatic calibration and/or validation
To transmit the results to process control systems an analog output ((0)4 – 20mA) is available.
Communication via RJ45 is also possible to control the analyzer and to down load measurement data from the memory.
System fault: in case of system failure the alarm contact is triggered.
Threshold alarm (optional): relays for threshold alarm are available.
- Analytical method: Potentiometry, photometry, conductivity
- Range: Application dependent
- Meas. interval:
- Continuous, T 90 -time application dependent
Sample: Pressure: 0 bar with sample pump. Higher pressures on demand.
- Flow rate: Application dependent
- Temperature: >0 - 50 °C (application dependant)
- Measurement system: Ion-selective electrode, pH-electrode, Redox-electrode, Reference electrode, T-probe (PT1000 Teflon-coated) (optional) Photometer
- Alarms: Threshold potential free, NC/NO, Fault potential free, NC/NO
- Status signal: For remote start/stop (potential free, optional)
- Outputs: (0)4 – 20mA, max. 500 Ohms
- Digital input: Start/stop, others
- Calibration/Validation: Manual/automatic (optional)
- Environmental conditions.: Indoor mounting
- Rel. humidity: 5 – 95% (not condensing)
- Temperature: 10 – 50 °C
- Housing: Wall mounting, stainless steel and plastic
- Dimensions: Width: ±400 mm x depth: ±270 mm x height: ±910 mm
- Weight: Approx. 30 kg
- Infrastructure: Mains: 220/240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 110/120 VAC
- Instrument air: Dry and oil free ISA-S7.0.01-1996 (optional for air purge)
- Waste: Atmospheric open sink
Errors and omissions accepted! Technical data are subject to change!